Below is a list of all upcoming events and activities. If you have a community event running in Arbury or King’s Hedges you would like to add to the list please get in touch.
Sat15Sep20181pm - 4pm
Children’s Science Fest 2018
The Children’s Science Fest on September 15, 2018, between 1pm to 4pm in Cambridge is open for all years: reception, KS1, KS2, KS3 and KS4. All the schools in Cambridge are invited to participate and enhance the learning of their students. The event is Free for All.
The key focus of the fest is: Learn, Share and Inspire. Thus, a wide range of activities are planned for the event. It includes presenting science projects, poster competition and participating in learning activities. Prizes will be awarded for best poster presentations in selected categories and there are participation certificates for all.
What makes it special?
The Children’s Science Fest brings young minds together for an event that fosters presentation and generation of new ideas about the future of our culture, our nation, our planet and our understanding.
The themes of the science fest include:
- Earth Science, Geography and Environmental Sustainability (Earth, Science and Environment) Space and Astronomy
- Builds and Mechatronics
- Physics is Fun
- A Flash in the Pan (Magic with Chemistry)
- Biology and Life Sciences
Science at Home
Children can plan their activities: The science fest brings together various activities in which the children of any age group can participate. These include:
Showcase your Science Projects
- Build and demonstrate small/feasible science projects or posters
- Use this as an opportunity to showcase and share your learning at school
Prizes to be won in various categories
Participate in Learning Activities
- Participate in and learn with STEM
- STEM-related hands-on activities
- Free science workshops
All entrants must be within the age categories below:
Early Years: Reception and Year 1 to Year2
KS2: Year 3 to Year 6
KS3: Year 7 to Year 9
KS4: Year 10 to Year 11
- Each school/youth group can enter a maximum of five entries
- Entries must be 2D and submitted on one side of A4 or A3 paper only. Mailed to: email@example.com by September 12th, 2018
- Work must be original and created by the student(s) – please do not use any templates
- Posters must include the following information (entrant details can be on the back of the poster):
- Entrant name (all names if a team) and entrant age (all ages if a team) o Age category (of the oldest team member)
- School/youth group name and address
How to enter?
One side of A4 or A3 paper posters should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for 2018 entries: September 12, 2018, 11 pm.
- Prizes will be awarded to the best entry in each of the four age categories
- A popular vote winner
- Prizes will also be awarded to two runners-up in each category